Fans of the 2D fighter BlazBlue will be pleased to hear of the flurry of content set for Continuum Shift Extend; not only in the Limited Edition but also in the storyline and content of the game itself. The collector’s pack will be giving you everything you need to appreciate both new and old characters, the music, and the story of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend.
The newly announced Limited Edition for Australia has a lot of goodies that fans and collectors will certainly appreciate. For both the Xbox 360 and PS3 you’ll be getting:
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend Limited Edition game (of course)
- Official soundtrack from Daisuke Ishiwatari
- Graphic Novel and Art Book
- Artwork Poster
- Visual character and plot map – detailing the world of BlazBlue & the relationships within it.
The Graphic Novel is likely to be the version previously released as the Manga Edition in Europe, the Official BlazBlue ‘Phase Zero Prologue’. This new edition however does not include a chibi Ragna.
It follows Ragna’s story from the beginning 100 years in the past and includes his first meeting with Jubei, his future master, and the mysterious Celica.
North American fans will be getting a slightly different Limited Edition which includes:
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend Limited Edition game
- 2012 Calamity x Continuum Calendar
- Full color art book with event scenes, artist illustrations, and concept art of the newer characters
- 17-song Soundtrack CD (You can check out the full song list here)
The description of these features is a little more in-depth than that offered by Australian retailers, however, one can assume that the artbook and soundtrack will be the same as that offered in the Australian edition. So our US gaming brethren will be losing out on the manga, poster, and character/plot map, but gaining a calendar. Also, it’s blue – crazy stuff.
At this stage, it looks as though the Limited Editions will only be for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
The North American NTSC Limited Edition can be ordered through Gamestop or Amazon.
The Australian Limited Edition is currently available for preorder at EB Games and GAME.
As far as the game itself goes, there looks to be a lot of new and classic content squished into the title.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend is going to include:
- New opening animation and theme song “Celestial Light” (蒼穹の光 Sōkyū no Hikari)
- Character stories for 23 different characters (some with multiple endings)
- Original Calamity Trigger story remastered
- The ‘Teach me Miss Litchi’ and ‘Help me Prof. Kokonoe’ comedy skits
- BlazBlue characters in Chibi form
- New stories for Makoto Nanaya, Valkenhayn R Hellsing, Platinum the Trinity, and Relius Clover
- The ‘True Ending’ of the BlazBlue story, and
- Bonus stories ‘Sector Seven’ and ‘Academy’ delve deeper into the main factions of the BlazBlue world